Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wedding Wednesday....Bridal Brunch DC

On Sunday I had the opportunity of participating in the "Bridal brunch Dc". It is an intimate event  for brides-to-be. This is an event where brides can come and ask questions to a panel of industry professionals and solidify vendors for their Big Day. Not only are brides welcome but they also have a grooms suite for the men to enjoy as well.
I had the honor of styling the models who wore the wedding gowns for the runway show.
The wedding dresses where provided by Zakaa Couture of Washington, Dc. The dresses were stunning. The intricate attention to detail is noted as the designer individualizes each gown.
As I've mentioned in many posts, hair is very important in finalizing your look. The hair should be styled based on the style of the dress. Not all dresses look good with an up-do. Sometimes hair cascading over your shoulders is the best look. A true professional will know the value of pairing (Pairing the hair with the dress).
I always love to be able to use my creative range when I'm styling. It's rare for me to use my creativity when I'm working on my regular clients because they have jobs where they have to be more conservative. Not only from a work perspective but also because they are less reluctant to take risk. I had 6 models that I styled. A few were a challenged do to damaged hair. It's hard to create a masterpiece when your foundation is faulty. Below are the looks....


No comments:

Post a Comment