Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wedding Wednesday....Beach hair





A braid is always a great low maintenance style. 


The extensions look great. I wanded the hair in the am and blow-dried my natural hair. 
Last week I went  to St. Maarten and Anguilla. It was so beautiful and serene.
Sidenote: Anguilla is the perfect destination for a honeymoon:).
I did not want to come back to the states, but the way my bank account is set up....that's not my reality.
Before I left I installed, partial sew-in extension because I wanted to be able to swim without worrying about my hair.
I left my edges out (only in the front), and a U-shape (a generous amount) leave out in the top.
I did pretty well as I have been wearing it in high buns since I installed it.
Wearing it up has really worked out in my favor. It's low maintenance and I can workout without worrying about my hair blending with the extensions.
While I was on vacation I did use the "wand" (clip-less iron) a few times to create beach waves but other than that I really didn't put any heat on my hair. If I needed to semi-straighten my natural hair I would take the blow dryer to relax some of the curls. The objective when you're on vacation is to relax and have a good time, not have to fuss with  your hair. I shampooed it everyday because of the salt water. Salt water can be damaging to your hair if you don't rinse it out. However it's great for your skin!
As you can see this is the nappy on top and slight wave on the bottom.
P.S. A headband always camouflage whats really going on.


1 comment:

  1. Because of the natural beauty of the room which had thick floor-length curtains and a stone fireplace, we were able to get away with very minimal decorations.
    Miami Wedding venues

    ReplyDelete