Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Celebrity Recreation- Mary J. Blige

When the creative juices flow I'm unstoppable. I love to recreate hairstyles because I can put my own twist on them. It's nothing wrong with getting inspiration, but it's imperative that you customize it to your own. I feel that clients respect your craft more when you carve your own lane. I constantly update myself when it comes to trends, products, and techniques because it's always something new to learn. You can never get complacent, because someone will come along and replace you. It's important to stay on your toes!
The look below is a recreation of a look that Mary J. Blige wore to an awards show. It was a pleasure to recreate this look and put my own spin on it. 




Natural hair (pressed), curled, soft-pin up






No comments:

Post a Comment