Monday, June 4, 2012

Here comes the Bride...Bridal styles

Spring has sprung and what better way to kick things off than uniting in holy matrimony?. I think marriage between two people who love, respect and honor each other is the most beautiful gift in the world. Most woman dream of getting married as little girls. You think about the glitz and glamour of that special day. I have been very fortunate to style several brides. It's so gratifying to be a part of one of the most important days of a woman's life.

I  was recently a part of one of my closest friends wedding. I had the honor of being a bridesmaid as well as the hairstylist for the special day. I have never felt the joy that I felt that day, styling a bride. My friend Stephanie is so giving and compassionate. I have watched her give her last to people who were not as fortunate as she. She is always contributing to a worthy cause. It was nice to see people come together and celebrate her for a change. It was so refreshing to see her so composed. I have never been around a bride that was so confident about this huge journey that she was about to partake in. 

It's pretty common these days for brides to get 2 different styles. One style for the rehearsal dinner and another for the wedding day. Sometimes 2 different styles for the wedding and the reception. I usually end up doing soft up-dos, because of the versatility of them. When a lot of product is used, you usually don't have the option for another look. Having a soft up-do, you can wear it up for the ceremony and then if you choose to pull it down for the reception, you have that option. There are many options for hairstyles, so I normally like to go through visual options so that we have direction. I love doing wedding parties , its pretty fun. I love to have creative range when I'm styling hair.  


 Bride 1- Rehearsal Dinner look (Clip-in extensions), Natural hair (no chemicals), Pressed, ceramic curled






Wedding Day- Ceramic curled, pinned, soft up-do










Bride 2- Partial sew-in extensions, soft up-do, pressed and curled
Bridesmaid- Pinned in extensions, soft up-do, pressed and curled



After shampoo/condition (partial sew-in) 

After straightening, ceramic curled, soft pin-up




Bridesmaid













Bride- 3- Natural hair pressed, bonded tracks, ceramic curled, soft pin-up







No comments:

Post a Comment