Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wedding Wednesday....The black and white Hair Breakdown

I'm often asked if I only do "black hair" or do I do "white hair". This is by far one of the most ignorant questions that you can ask a hairstylist (in my opinion). I get offended when people ask me this (can't you tell?!) because I look at hair in texture not from a racial standpoint. It's broken down between fine/normal/straight/curly/coarse.
Race has nothing to do with the texture of your hair, however because of the stereotypes that people have been exposed to, they think it's only 2 types of hair textures, "black hair" and "white hair".
I have been in business for 11 years and I've seen ALL hair types. I pride myself on being diverse. Yes the majority of my clients are African-American, but that doesn't mean I'm not capable of doing an up-do or color on someone who isn't. As a matter of fact, I attended a cosmetology school where I was the only black person in my class. I went to a Pivot point school, which is a specific cutting technique. It was important for me to learn how to cut and color well, so I went to a school that had a strong history of producing master cutters and colorist.
I'm going to show you  a few different images and label the texture next to them.

Normal/Straight Hair:





Curly-Coarse Hair:







 Fine Hair:









1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I really loved all the hair styles you shared in this post. Thanks for sharing the idea of these amazing hair styles with us.

    best weave stylist dmv

    ReplyDelete