Sunday, April 3, 2011

How oily hair effects your skin...

This post is near and dear to me because I have oily skin. I do everything I can to prevent my face from looking like I've lathered it in Crisco, but nothing seems to work. That is until my best friend sent me a bunch of goodies from her job. I'm so lucky, she works for a well-known magazine in the beauty department. You can only imagine what great products she gets on a regular basis. I have been battling with my skin due to the harsh Washington, Dc water. Since I moved here from Michigan my skin has been dry and uneven. I have also been getting breakouts more frequently. When you incorporate hair into the equation it's really a mess. I usually shampoo my hair once a week, sometimes I'm lazy so I may go longer. When I go a little longer it takes a toll on my skin. When your hair is oily and dirty, that residue can deposit on the skin and cause breakouts. It's important to shampoo hair when it gets dirty, especially if you have sensitive or oily skin. As I mentioned earlier, I received some products which included a mask, cleanser, and moisturizer. These are all essentials when you want to preserve healthy skin. I have noticed a huge difference since I have been using these products. I also incorporate some home remedies for my skin care regimen. Twice a month I use olive oil and sugar as a scrub to get rid of any dead skin cells. If its too course, I dilute it with a little water.  No matter what products you may use, make sure you use products that work best for your skin.

I use this cleanser in the morning and at night, great for oily skin
Olay shine control skin cleanser

I use this moisturizer after I cleanse my skin
Freya hydrating day cream
I use this mask once a week
Tahitian Noni pore refining mud mask

I use this mask twice a week
Jafra hydration/calming mask



No comments:

Post a Comment